Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Nitrogen inflated tires

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    HB Forum Owner SBG's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 18th, 2004
    Posts
    2,279
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Nitrogen inflated tires

    Any places in the Wise/Lee area do it?
    [LEFT][IMG]http://www.dsslexius.net/forums/images/smilies/goneinsanegif.gif[/IMG][/LEFT]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Nitrogen inflated tires

    maybe walmart in norton. I thought someone said so. what is the deal with nitrogen inflated tires anyway?
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Nitrogen inflated tires

    They run cooler and the tread lasts longer. They balance easier too.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Nitrogen inflated tires

    They're supposedly a bit lighter and will help your tires stay inflated at the right measure no matter what the weather, though it's not really proven and if it does what it's supposed to, the effects aren't that massive. I was told they did them at most places, but wanted me to at the dealership, figured they were just trying to get more money. Considering the air we breathe is near 80% nitrogen in the first place, really don't see it helping that much at all. Though I'm sure it wouldn't hurt and it could only help, that is if it does make a difference at all.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member TheBeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Nitrogen inflated tires

    Doesn't really make that much difference in streetcars. Nitrogen doesn't expand when heated as regular air does in tires and thus when you inflate them to the right pressure it will stay that pressure when driving when the tire heats up. It is used in racecars so they can regulate the pressure to the 1/8 pound and keep the tire diameter the same and not have to worry about it changing on the track as the tires heat.
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    HB Forum Owner SBG's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 18th, 2004
    Posts
    2,279
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Nitrogen inflated tires

    I only asked because I just bought a new set of tires in Kingsport and they were inflated with nitrogen. Just wondered if any places around here did it. And I suppose if they lose any air you can just reinflate them with standard air, right? Jeez-a-loo that sounds stupid. LoL
    [LEFT][IMG]http://www.dsslexius.net/forums/images/smilies/goneinsanegif.gif[/IMG][/LEFT]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Sportsman*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    March 1st, 2003
    Posts
    269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Nitrogen inflated tires

    Quote Originally Posted by SBG View Post
    Any places in the Wise/Lee area do it?
    I think Robert's Brothers in Pound does it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •